I'm just your average Mom & Wife,
who leads a fabulously crazy life.
I do a million & 1 things during the day,
and try like heck to blog about them!

1/13/11

Day 13 - New Year, New Me!


Tonight I attended a cardio kickboxing class at a martial arts studio near my house. There were a lot of people that attended, all with the same goal in mind - to get in better shape! 
The class was really fun, and I'm already feeling sore... 
I just hope I'm able to get out of bed in the morning! 
I made 3 new year's resolutions for 2011. 
I'm proud to say that I've followed through with 2 of them. 
Resolution #1 Exercise more.  Resolution #2 Start WeightWatchers.
Resolution #3 Get more sleep. 
(This is the one that pretty much flew out the window).
I've been on this new diet plan for 2 weeks now. So far it's been a success! 
Tonight, fter my kickboxing class, my daughter Nina & I went out to dinner at Applebee's.
What's so great is that they have special WeightWatchers items on their menu. SCORE!
For starters, I munched on a delicious green salad mixed with spinach, tomatoes, 
a surprisingly tasty fat free dressing, and unsweetened ice tea - ZERO POINTS! 
After that, I got to enjoy a savory cajun & lime tilapia fillet, a small portion of rice, 
corn salsa to add a bit more kick, and a pile of steamed brocolli. (pictured above)
My entire meal was only 8 points. You can't beat that!
Who knew dieting could taste SO delicious, and fill you up?!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment