I'm just your average Mom & Wife,
who leads a fabulously crazy life.
I do a million & 1 things during the day,
and try like heck to blog about them!

1/29/11

Day 28 - A Whack & Tears


I gave Nina's hair a good whack with the scissors last night.
Her hair is very curly, and it's very hard to manage.
Nina usually ends up in tears after every shower, when I try to comb out her hair!
Last night we both had had enough - so I chopped it...
I've never been to beauty school - that was obvious after we looked in the mirror.
I ended up cutting her hair a little... ok, a LOT too short!
What I didn't take into consideration, was that curly hair shrinks up when it dries. OOOPS!
She cried, and cried, and cried some more. I felt awful : (
I actually thought it looked cute. I don't think Nina was expecting it to be that short.
Luckily this morning, when she woke up, she had forgotten about my blunder. 
Hopefully when she combs out her hair next time, it will be a breeze,
and no more tears!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Brings back some very sad, guilty memories of combing my baby's hair. It was like trauma for her. I'm so glad it's over. Even today, at age 21, she doesn't like to manage her hair. :^{
    Tell Nina No matter how long, short, kinky, curly or straight her hair is, she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete