I'm just your average Mom & Wife,
who leads a fabulously crazy life.
I do a million & 1 things during the day,
and try like heck to blog about them!

3/17/11

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
And wouldn't you know it... I totally forgot to wear green today.
To celebrate today, I made cupcakes & marshmallow pops.
I was planning on bringing a few to share with my co-workers,
but I was running behind, and didn't have time to package the items.
Oh well, more for the kids I guess.

So last night around 10pm, I decided to start baking cupcakes.


I bought a cool paper punch, and some lollipop sticks.
I got these really cool/free printables from http://www.etsy.com/shop/tomkatstudio
This was the first time I did this, but as you'll see in my pictures,
I think they turned out really cute!


Here are a few of my cupcakes. Not the prettiest... but they smelled yummy!
I had so much fun putting my Pampered Cherf easy accent decorator to use.


Here they are! My St. Patty's Day cupcakes.
I'm happy how they turned out.
Not bad for my first time using the accent decorator.


The cupcake circles turned out SO cute!
Why in the world have I waited so long to use them??


Here's a quick shot of my marshmallow pops.
I found these to look a little drab, and boring.
These were an afterthought, so I just used the sprinkles I had in the house.
And yes, I had the green tin, and crinkle paper laying around the house as well.
I've got chock-full-of-goodies that I save for a "rainy day".
And I put an extra cupcake button on my tin to make it look more festive!


Here's a close-up shot of my marshmallow pops.
My house smelled delicious with warm cupcakes, and melted chocolate!


The finished product!
It was 2am when I finally finished.
Totally worth the lack of sleep!
Especially when Danny told me he LOVED how my cupcakes turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment